Monday, October 17, 2011

Good morning Uganda

Waking up in God's country what more can one ask for? As the sun began to peek out waking the wonderful sounds of Uganda, the missionary's began their first day on a journey that is to be a great adventure. The foreign sounds coming in the windows from birds that do not just chirp they sequel and whoop in ways that let you know you are not in Kansas anymore. There is a soft singing coming from downstairs where you can hear the cooks getting breakfast prepared. One by one the weary travelers begin to emerge and the house comes to life. Laughter and loud voices fill the air. They are up and ready to face the day. Some get busy putting into action the plans that have been thought out and rewritten for months and months. Others fight the urge to fall into a much needed slumber to regain strength the long journey took from their tired bodies.














5 comments:

Judy Scholl said...

Memories of Uganda are causing quite a stir in my soul as I read the blog and see the pictures. Wishing I could be there and praying for the work God will be doing through each of you. Take care of Jerry for me! :) God bless you all.

Andrea Johanning said...

Remembering too!! I'm so excited for all of you!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful journey.
Love you guys!

Blessed by God said...

Thank you for posting, reading the blog, and checking facebook status has become an addiction ever since you left. God bless you all and the work you are doing. I so wish I could be there with you, it is almost surreal being home and reading about your experiences, it was just not in Gods Plan that I be there this time. Stay strong and healthy working for The Lord. Praying you touch many lives there and home.
Love you
PS Blessed by God was the name I picked for blogging after my first trip to Africa, and yes I am still Blessed by God :)
Terri

Emily Estes said...

Hey team, you sure know how to make a gal from Kansas homesick for Africa. Makes me wish I was right there beside you with all you are doing (in spirit I am.) Each morning I awake I make a "B" line to my computer still in my P.J's to catch up on what God is doing through each one of you. My prayers have been with you each & every day. God is doing great things through each of you.I praise God thank Him for each of you Love Ya Emily

Emily Estes said...

Hey Team: Sounds like you are getting great & mighty things accomplished through God, & I know those little African people are so very appreciative. It's so great to be able to keep in contact with you. Modern technology is awesome even though it still seems to be a mystery to me, at any rate I continue to receive the benefits from it. I continue to pray for rest,& good health for your bodies, & that God's work will continue to flourish through you. Take care: Love ya, Emily