Friday, October 28, 2011

Goodbye Uganda

It is always bitter sweet when we get to this portion of the trip. We love being here and it becomes our year long mission to return and be a part of what God is doing in Uganda. But after two weeks some are very ready to get home while others say they could stand to be here a few more weeks. We do miss our loved ones in the states and as it comes each visit, it is time to say good bye. Goodbye to our lovely host Colleen and her wonder home. Goodbye to our ever watchful eyes of our drivers Sunday, and Moses who take such good care of us. Goodbye to the birds singing us a wonderful morning song. Goodbye to the people who’s love and kindness is overwhelming and heart breaking. Goodbye to Uganda the land that holds many American hearts in its loving arms.

I am always to torn to leave. I love the people here so much that it breaks my heart to leave. But I also love my family to much to stay. I do miss my husband kids and grandkids so I will leave my part of my heart in Uganda and return home to them. I will start working on my next journey back to Uganda as soon as I return home. Thank you to our church family for allowing us the privilege to come and serve in your place. Thank you to my family for allowing me to be gone so I can enjoy my time here. Love to all Kimberly

Wow two weeks. These two weeks has gone by so fast. We have done many things in the Lord. Going to the village and seeing their culture and love and hunger they have to grow in the Lord was so awesome. The kids are so fun to hang out with and love. These people have nothing but they have everything, they have Jesus, Joy, Happiness!!! I would hope that everyone in their life time would get a chance to come here. It is a humbling experience and really shows us how blessed we really are. Let us not hold our blessing but sow. This last week I had a chance to work in a married’s seminar and was great to see how much work God is working in their marriages. We’ll see you soon. Doug

Carl says, today is departure day, but I am sad to leave Uganda, my second home, and it's wonderful people!

Uganda...Africa...WOW!! I don't even have words to describe the experience. It's been eye opening and life changing. NEVER take anything for granted. I will miss the generosity and openness of the people in Kabwangasi village. Their sharing all they have when they have nothing at all. It reminds me of the woman in the bible who gave all she had as a tithe at church to honor God. These people gave to us to honor the work we were doing FOR God. Amazing! Absolutely amazing!! While I am glad to be returning home as I miss some very special people, my heart will always have a special place for Uganda...Bobbie

Sorry to say goodbye, but had a great experience as usual. Love the people but the kids stole my heart again and again. Words cannot express the love I have for the people and land of Uganda, Africa. God Bless the people of Uganda in a great way. My love Genda

It is always bittersweet when it is time to leave. In some respects the time has passed quickly as some projects were left incomplete. But the time away from loved ones has seemed long. The hardships, discomforts and inconveniences we faced were minor compared those who live here. We saw new places and met new people all of which will share that special place in my heart with all my other Uganda memories. Jerry

It's been an awesome 2 weeks that went by too fast. Laying brick for the new Church is always rewarding to me because my dad was a brick layer when he was alive. Working on the new kitchen that's in memory of Tom Moffit with the limited tools that we had was a challenge. Making the desks & seeing them being used was great. Sorry we did not get more made, but that's Africa. The very best part of my trip was seeing the children my wife & I sponsor. This has been another great & rewarding trip. Scott

The time has came for us to leave and to head home, have mixed feeling want to stay a little longer but want to came home and see my family and friends that I love and miss so much, this has been a great 2 weeks and so much fun, got to send a day with Annie and that was so fun, can't wait till next year hope to spend my time with them, ok every one get ready for the story and the things we can do here, I have ideal to share. Today is going to be good can't wait to see the kid!!!!!!! Janelle

Wow! Saying goodbye to family is so difficult. And the people here have truly touched our hearts and treated us as family. We have been so blessed with the opportunity to help build, not only buildings, but help to build and change lives. From playing with the children to teaching couples on trust and love languages and teaching pastors about budgeting, SHAPE, community and prayer. To see their faces and hear their questions with such interest and eagerness to learn so they can be able to pass these teachings on was truly the biggest blessing of all. The opportunities we have had and the villages with have visited, the tasks we have completed, the games, the teachings, etc are too many to mention them all. We are grateful to Coleen and Tim and their staff for their hospitality. It is not easy to have your life interrupted. They all seem to take it in stride. To Sandi (pronounced Sunday) and Moses our drivers, to Christine and Lancy our cooks, we give our blessings and a special gratitude for putting up with our craziness. We love UGANDA and will miss them, but we are also eager to see our friends and family. Can't wait for the long plane ride home. We love you all!!!! Thank You CCC and friends for the opportunity! Terry and Norma Allred

This has been my 4th mission trip and each gets better and better. This time my goal was to build 200 school desks. We brought the saw, nail guns, nails, screws, screw guns, saw blades etc. and figured as soon as we get there we will start the production line. Well the air compressor didn't work soooo shoping we go and the rain slowed us also. The lumber is ship to us in small quantities and arrives soon, which means sometime today or tomorrow, or maybe even the next day. Well this is our last day here and we have completed a total of 29 desks and delivered 10 into a school so far. The really good thing we have taught several people here how to use the nail guns, which they had never seen before and were duly impressed with the air hose connections and how they worked. So the desk production can go on without our help. This has been a very rewarding and fruitful mission. Will see you all soon. Delbert Goertz

This has been my 3rd year to come to Uganda and it has been as much or more fun than my first trip. Paster John thank you for the sermon on meek ant weak!! Uganda will continue to sing The Gospel Fuzzies. God has been so good an as always faithful!! Blessing to you all. See you soon. Hannah Robinson

God bless we love you signing off from Uganda

2 comments:

...greg smith said...

I thank God for all He led you through and the changed lives which came as a result. Looking forward to having you back.

Blessed by God said...

You all did a great job speaking your farewell to Uganda, my heart was holding onto every word. I so destinctly remember those feelings. Sad to be leavng, happy with the prospect of seeing family again, and hating to leave beautiful Uganda and its beautiful people. Their joy and graciousness is exclaimed and they are honored. Most of all God and His faithfullness and love was everywhere.
Praying for your safe journey back home.